Are you looking for a way to manage your finances wherever you are? Opay is the app for you. OPay provides a streamlined way for users to send and receive money, pay bills, order groceries, and more.
Therefore, this post will tell you how to download and install the OPay app on your Android device. Also, we will tell you about some of the features of this app and how to use them effectively.
What is Opay?
Opay is a Fintech company based in Nigeria, created by Chinese investors in 2018. Since its inception, it has made significant progress and now offers an app that helps you manage your finances wherever you are.
With OPay, you can open your account with your phone number, NIN, BVN, or other national means of verification. You’ll be enjoying a fantastic welcome bonus in no time!
OPay is licensed by CBN, insured by the NDIC, and trusted by over 18 million users.
Opay lets you manage all your payments from one app, enjoy free transfers and transaction bonuses and get a free debit card with bonus offers. Enjoy up to 15% annual interest on flexible savings.
Opay Flexible Loan with a lower interest rate
Opay provides loan services in addition to its financial platform. Opay users can apply for a loan through the app and pay back those loans in installments—or all at once.
Opay offers two kinds of loans: OKash, which has flexible repayment terms, and Easemoni, which has more rigid repayment terms. Both types of loans offer an interest rate of 5% per month to 10% per month.
- OKash customers can choose their repayment terms between 91 days and 365 days. Their loan amount will range from NGN 3,000 to NGN 500,000 (about $12-$2,400). They will be charged an annual percentage rate (APR) between 36.5% and 360%, depending on the length of their loan term and the amount borrowed.
- Easemoni customers must pay back their loans within 91 days or less, with repayment amounts ranging from NGN 3,000 to NGN 1 million ($12-$12k). Their APR ranges from 60% to 120%, depending on how much they borrowed and how long they have left on their contract terms.
Opay POS Business For Agents
As a financial institution that supports entrepreneurship, Opay gives out POS machines to its user who signs up as an agent. To become an agent, all you need to do is to upgrade your KYC level from KYC 1 to KYC 2.
Suppose you’ve already upgraded to KYC level 2; congratulations! You’re already well on your way to getting the Opay POS machine.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Open your OPay app and go to “Me”.
- Click the picture icon (top left) to go to Account Details.
- Click Upgrade to Level 3.
- Upload your picture.
- Upload a valid ID card (international passport or voter’s ID).
- Upload a recent utility bill (within 3 months).
- Upload your BVN number (available on your bank statement).
And Submit! The Opay team will review and approve your KYC upgrade within 24 to 72 hours—and you’ll get an email and SMS when it’s done.
Other Features Of the Opay Banking App
Opay offers a variety of flexible savings tools to help you achieve your financial goals faster than ever before.
- Owealth Savings: OWealth offers you up to 15% annual interest on savings and exchange rates of up 5%. You can use your money there for whatever purpose.
- Fixed Savings: Fixed savings plan allows you to save for as short a period as 7 days! —as well as get up to 18% annual interest with no lock-in periods.
- Target Savings: Target savings allows you to save towards specific goals and get up to 15% annual interest on your Savings plan. You can save at your preferred intervals and monitor the progress of saving for these goals quickly!
- Safebox Savings: You can set a recurring daily, weekly, or monthly autosave plan with safebox and get up to 15% interest annually on your savings.
- Spend & Save Savings: Spend & Save encourages savings by helping you to set aside a portion of your purchases and giving you earned interest on those deposits.
Download the Opay App Latest Version
You can download the latest version of Opay for either iOS or Android or follow this guide to get it from our website instead.
The link is at the top of this page. You need to click on that link and be taken to a download page. Wait for the countdown at the bottom of your screen, and click “Download” when it turns red.
On the next page, you will see a button that says, “Click here to begin downloading.” This will open up an installer for your device when you click on it.
With everything downloaded, go back to Settings and ensure “Install from Unknown Sources” is enabled. This will allow you to install apps from websites like ours!
To do that, follow these steps: Open Settings > Security > Unknown Sources; tap OK on any pop-up prompts; once enabled, tap Back (or Home) > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications; scroll down until you see the app(s) you want to install; tap each one individually and hit Install.
Wrapping it up;
If you’re looking for a way to manage your finances, OPay is the solution you need. With a simple app and an easy signup process, you’ll be enjoying the benefits of this system in no time.
We hope you enjoyed our article on how to get the Opay POS machine. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!